Friday, May 14, 2010

Why are you like this? (Don't answer that.)

If someone asked you to describe your children in just a few words, what would you say?

I had a few not so uplifting adjectives occur to me the other night, as we attacked and ultimately subdued the dorm rooms that seem to have exploded in various bedrooms and spilled over into our hallway.

By around midnight, I settled on just the one word that seemed to cover everything.

Today's DC column is attached. For everyone moving someone home, remembering the move home, or dreading that day, enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very sweet story, but scary for all moms of boys! Their shirts were clean, a positive sign. I hear there is a special laundry soap that takes the week-old locker room sweaty smell out of clothes left in the gym bag. I am probably going to invest in this stuff based on your commentary.

Thanks for the enjoyable read, Mary

renee said...

Thanks Mary - welcome!

In the words of Bruce, "Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny." I hope so. It's sort of funny now so I guess we're in good shape.

But - as you so rightly observed - just a little scary.

And please let me know if that stuff works!